1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random Single Number SMS from VZW

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dtbingle, Dec 21, 2011.

1. dtbingle

dtbingle Newbie

After installing Liquid Smooth ROM, I randomly get text messages from verizon each just saying "VZWNMN: 1" I think I read in some other post that it had something to do with one of verizon's backup or sync service, but I'm not sure how to remove it. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert

It's from VZW email sync service. VZW automatically signed you up for this. I got this too after installing CM7. You need to log into your VZW account. Look for the email sync service and disable the service. Once it gets disabled you will get another SMS with STOP in it showing it was disabled.

3. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

I am faced with this issue every once in a while when I install a new Rom. I call Verizon and ask them to remove the service since I never signed up for it.
    For some reason I get more satisfaction from verbally telling them I don't want it, never signed up for it, please don't sign me up for things I didn't ask for.

4. dtbingle

dtbingle Newbie

Awesome, thanks a lot. I think I disabled it right so we'll see if they stop coming in. Thanks again.

5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

That's funny!

6. Addicted

Addicted Member

for whatever reason I've only seen that on the AOSP ROMs. None of the Sense ROMs did it. I installed a firewall after having to deal with VZ to take it off the first one. I know MIUI, CM7 and Liquid all did it.

7. valorian

valorian Android Expert

If you disabled this from the VZW website you should have gotten a similar message sent to you but with the word "stop" in it.

8. dtbingle

dtbingle Newbie

hmm I didn't get this text and the single number texts continue. I've been looking through my verizon settings and I dont see where you can disable this. How do i get to that setting?

9. copestag

copestag Android Expert

dtbingle likes this.
  10. dtbingle

dtbingle Newbie

Thanks for the instructions! Got it off now!

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews