• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help RAZR kills Windows sharing...

CADman_KS

Apr 29, 2010
First off, I haven't changed any of the settings on my RAZR for anything related to USB connections.

When I plug my phone into my computer, I get (2) connected drives (one for internal memory and one for external memory), which I didn't figure was too much of an issue.

But, I've discovered that when the RAZR is attached, it kills the computer it's attached to sharing, and other computers are not able to access the shares. (Win7 Professional / 64Bit). The shares are still visible on the client, and appear to be configured right, but no one can connect. It appears that the shares don't exist at all to other computers. And, it won't come back, until after a reboot. Then sharing is there, until I reattach my RAZR.

Has anyone else noticed this?

CADman_ks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones