• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RC29 Update for T-Mobile G1

i was told when i got the phone i would no be able to get updates because i'm running it on AT&T but when i woke up this morning i got the update. I can agree that the update does save more battery life but i feel like the wifi signal isn't as strong as before and some apps such as Gmail have started to crash when in the past i never got a crash message.:)

Upvote 0
i was told when i got the phone i would no be able to get updates because i'm running it on at&t but when i woke up this morning i got the update. I can agree that the update does save more battery life but i feel like the wifi signal isn't as strong as before and some apps such as gmail have started to crash when in the past i never got a crash message.:)
same here but hold tight rumor mill is speakin on a new update that i've heard from a valuable source so let's see! It doesn't make me love this phone any less just know there are kinks that need to be worked out and i'm greatful i got to get in on the ground floor! I loved this phone from the moment i read about it and i'm still loving it!

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with the rep in Houston and he gave me a different date (Nov. 11th) for the new upgrade. In part, this will include notification of POP3 email, browser software patch update, imap mail notification and text msg cursor will now highlight in the compose field. Let's hope this helps.

Upvote 0
the Blog lists the Fixes there are Many. the Prob i have is the Endless contact Sync and my Battery life is Brutal maybe 3-4 hours. i need this Update i was really getting anoid with this phone untill i found out there is a fix i just need it now

I had to erase all my contacts to stop this from happening. It was horrible. Hopefully udate it got fixed that. Usb changed from an option in settings to sync to when you plug it in you just drop notification bar to "mount". Everything else seems the same.

Upvote 0
the Blog lists the Fixes there are Many. the Prob i have is the Endless contact Sync and my Battery life is Brutal maybe 3-4 hours. i need this Update i was really getting anoid with this phone untill i found out there is a fix i just need it now

Someone mentioned this on a different thread. I had the same problem, and to fix it (workaround) I performed the following steps:

1. Export your Google Contacts (Keep a list of who is in what group, as this will be lost).
  2. Delete All Contacts from the Google Server.
  3. Sync the Phone
  4. Import Google Contacts (Reset the groups).
  5. Sync the Phone
Once complete, you will stop the endless sync loop.

HTH,

Tithefug

Upvote 0
And lost all my contacts, sync with gmail and got some of my contacts back. I hope in the future, they give you an option when to start the update later, at least giving you some kind of heads up. So I could've backed up some of my contacts. So to that sexy red-head that I met the other day, I really did lose your number, but it wasn't my fault;)

Upvote 0
Me too. My wife just got the ota update and I did manual. Yes , battery life is like 4-5 hours with no talk just leaving it on and the battery or back of the phone seems hot with extended downloading and using applications. Will see how my wife's phone acts in the next couple days.

If a problem will see about trying another battery.

I also deleted many programs that I don't use and it sped up the phone since it was dragging before.

Larry

Upvote 0
i'm hoping RC29 will include flash-plugin, word, excel, and pdf support, and ability to setup multiple gmail accounts.

well, we can dream can't we(pun intended)

i am so with you too.. i got the update but it didn't come with support for any of the named above and all i can do is preview these docs through an email attachment via gmail

still crossin my fingers for a future update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones