• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Re-calibrate Accelerometer?

I have auto-rotate on with my Droid Bionic, but I'm running into an issue where I have to tilt it quite a ways past ninety degrees to get the screen to rotate from portrait to landscape. This is quite annoying. I've read that doing a Factory Data Reset should remedy the problem, but I'd much rather not do that if there's another way to re-calibrate the sensor.

If anyone could give me a hand in re-calibrating the accelerometer (or finding out if it really is out of calibration), that'd be great.

Everybody would rather not do a Factory Data Reset ... this included me ... the simple truth is that you REALLY need to do it after upgrading to ICS. It is the only way you are going to have a strong starting point for doing anything on your Bionic.

After you do it you will be astonished at how much junk you dumped that you just never got around to removing in the past.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Everybody would rather not do a Factory Data Reset ... this included me ... the simple truth is that you REALLY need to do it after upgrading to ICS. It is the only way you are going to have a strong starting point for doing anything on your Bionic.

After you do it you will be astonished at how much junk you dumped that you just never got around to removing in the past.

... Thom

I did the factory reset and it's still behaving funny. The way the sensor went out of calibration is that I dropped it the other day and the battery fell out when it dropped. When I use apps that measure the tilt of the accelerometer, it's returning a value, so I know it's working, it's just that something has happened since the yesterday.

Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones