• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Re: How AT&T & Verizon Manipulate Your Smartphone

Rico ANDROID

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2011
In Cell Phone SIMetery
We should already know how the two giant carriers seem to work "together" as they dominate the wireless industry, and this article seem to solidify a lot of what weve thought.

Does it seem any relief may be in the future where we may regain some control or breaksbin deals or options? Who knows.

To read more, Click HERE: Referring to an article dated 12/26/2012

my solution: prohibit wireless carriers from selling phones . Then, require every cell phone to have removable sim card. Customers would be only able to buy coverage via monthly fee. No contracts allowed. Can switch phones or providers at will.
All networks would be like prepaid.
That would lead to competition among phone makers and providers for customers.

Upvote 0
my solution: prohibit wireless carriers from selling phones . Then, require every cell phone to have removable sim card. Customers would be only able to buy coverage via monthly fee. No contracts allowed. Can switch phones or providers at will.
All networks would be like prepaid.
That would lead to competition among phone makers and providers for customers.

I agree.... Seems too late though to do much.. The two superpowers own all if not most of the network resources and still swallowing up smaller carriers each month...

Upvote 0
The way I see it is like this. Humans lived for thousands of years without cell phone service. I think doubt a few slow spots will kill me.

I agree with you there Its that I use my cellular as a 'second extension' for work. I have to do a lot of talking/facilitating and the connection has got to be clear and no dropped calls as a 'norm'. I have to give ATT credit for a job well done on addressing that global issue. I can truthfully say that I have not had a dropped call since around 2011. Until now, its my device that was an issue. Its been replaced as of Thursday 2/28.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones