• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recover ebooks from aldiko ebook reader

Raycomp

Lurker
Nov 26, 2022
I have Aldiko Book reader installed with over 300 ebooks on my Samsung Galaxy tablet and and need to extract the epub books to transfer to upgraded tablet. Is their ant way to recover the books from the aldiko library as my Aldiko reader does not have to option to export books.

I have Aldiko Book reader installed with over 300 ebooks on my Samsung Galaxy tablet and and need to extract the epub books to transfer to upgraded tablet. Is their ant way to recover the books from the aldiko library as my Aldiko reader does not have to option to export books.
did you get these books thru Aldiko? they may have some kind of DRM(digital rights management) which means you can only access them thru the app. can you download them to your phone? if not then it definitely has DRM.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Aldiko is one of my favorite apps and one of the older versions I keep today (from Android 2.3 no less). Any downloaded book is kept in the Ebooks folder under a subfolder with the titles. So copy and paste all those subfolders to the Ebooks folder in your new device and re-open the Aldiko app and they should populate the bookshelf. You can also read PDF files there too, as using Aldiko to open a PDF (such as a service manual in my case) makes them also appear on the bookshelf.

I don't use paid content or an account with them though, I just use it for free content. So I am not sure what paid content does or where it's stored, but if you use an Aldiko account it should just work like above once you're logged in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones