• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery Problems... Help!!

a5pe4

Android Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2011
Hey everyone I rooted my phone using the Guide to Rooting without a Computer thread and it worked perfectly. However, I messed around with the SD card deleting some things and I'm not sure if my recovery has been messed up or something. Whenever I try to boot to recovery, after the LG logo, the screen is on but nothing is coming up. I'm wondering if this has to do with anything I've done on the SD card or is there some problem. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

I got my phone a little over a month ago. I deleted things like the flash_image and vrecovery.img and then realized that those might have been useful and tried to just copy them over again because I'm a noob. I was wondering if maybe because I took them off the sd card that's why I can't get into recovery. I still have everything that was on the SD card backed up on the computer though. I also kept a clockwordmod backup on the SD card. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Looks like you got one of the newer V's with the optimus s drivers and screen. Try doing a google search for "black screen after rooting". I saw a fix fit it somewhere, may have been on another forum. Try checking Android Central.

Edit: look here
forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/113762-fix-black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms-4.html#post1233074

Upvote 0
Actually fixed this earlier today by using terminal emulator to re-flash the recovery. On the my next problem *sigh*
If you haven't already made a backup in your recovery(this is called a nandroid backup) then please do so right away before you do anything else. Then if you delete anything else that might cause your system to have force close problems,random rebooting,or frezze problems,you will be able to go back to the "backup and restore" option and restore your System(ROM) to a spot where it was perfect(just like using a recovery disk on a PC).

Reactions: a5pe4
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones