• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Recovery][Touch] CWM v6.0.3.0

Upvote 0
I did flash cwm 8, it worked.:)
I then flashed a custom cwm and some custom ROMS, I found one that's awesome. I got it from Android area 51, along with some nicely modded apps.:thumbup:

I like the work they do, and how fast they are to help with problems, so I donated and got VIP privileges and access to exclusive releases. :thumbup::thumbup::)

Upvote 0
Hello Peoples! I bring y'all CWM Touch Recovery! I can't take credit because all I did was build it using ClockworkMod builder and Interloper's recovery.fstab & graphics.c files so credit goes to him & Koush.​

What works:
- Same as Interloper's Recovery​

Link: Here

Can you please share the recovery.fstab and graphics.c files? Or give a pointer?

Upvote 0
How to install CWM recovery on galaxy Reverb. need help
i have successfully rooted my device i just want to install any custom recovery so i can un-install tuchwiz (hate it) i want to install plain jelly bean. any help would be great
what i have done so far:
root: yes
install custom recovery: working on that
flash a custom rom: not there yet

Upvote 0
How to install CWM recovery on galaxy Reverb. need help
i have successfully rooted my device i just want to install any custom recovery so i can un-install tuchwiz (hate it) i want to install plain jelly bean. any help would be great
what i have done so far:
root: yes
install custom recovery: working on that
flash a custom rom: not there yet

You can use the cwm recovery in this thread, using the method outlined here -

http://androidforums.com/reverb-all-things-root/721940-welcome-jelly-bean-rooting.html#post5837608

If you are still using ICS, and want to upgrade to Jellybean, you may want to allow the JB update to happen, and then re-root using the same instructions in the thread I linked to.

Reactions: ezzie1
Upvote 0
Reactions: ezzie1
Upvote 0
anyways i would rather have cwm recovery, but thats the problem everything i try wont work, it wont download the recovery i feel like i have tried everything. i put my phone into download mode, i open up odin, then i look for the .tar file, then i uncheck reboot and click start then odin says it passes, after that i unplug my phone remove the battery and press volume up then power button and it just gives me the badge of honor and then it just ignores my commands and boots to the OS. and the reason i dont like tuchwiz its because it takes up too much space and too much ram of the little i have causing my phone to lag when i haven't downloaded much things or done much with it. i rather just have a fresh plain jelly bean bloatware free and tuchwiz free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones