• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery without being connected to the PC!

confused about this, does this help people who have not rooted yet, or only ppl that have rooted?

edit:

so steps now are run toasts root
install this
flash rom?

This only helps those with root already. Previously, you had to be connected to a computer and run a batch file to get into a custom recovery, but this tricks the phone into flashing an update.zip that is actually a recovery image. Just follow the tutorial in my sig to root and update, then you can download ROM Manager from the Market.
-------------
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

Upvote 0
I ran the Rom Manager and installed the Clockwork Recovery Rom.

I then turned the phone off....Went into Recovery...Held Volume up and Power and I get the message

"E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"

i have to then choose to apply the update.zip

it then loads the recovery rom (Flash, Wipe, Wipe Data)

this is the only way im able to get into it for some reason.

now....

if i go into rom manager and choose reboot into recovery nothing happens. If i choose reboot into recovery and reboot the phone and go into recovery, i just get the red exclamation point and nothing happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones