• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

red explanation point over battery all the time?

nynx

Lurker
Jul 12, 2017
I keep getting this icon. I don't know what it means or why it keeps showing up. This morning I had my phone charged while I was sleeping, so about 7-8 hrs, and it was on full battery. I used it for 20 minutes and it dropped down to 70% with the explanation point icon. I left my phone for a few minutes while I used the bathroom and it was drained to 60%. I restarted the phone and when it came back on, it was completely drained to 1%. And now it won't charge and it's been on 1% for a while. Please help. If it helps, I've been using the phone for 7 months.

I keep getting this icon. I don't know what it means or why it keeps showing up. This morning I had my phone charged while I was sleeping, so about 7-8 hrs, and it was on full battery. I used it for 20 minutes and it dropped down to 70% with the explanation point icon. I left my phone for a few minutes while I used the bathroom and it was drained to 60%. I restarted the phone and when it came back on, it was completely drained to 1%. And now it won't charge and it's been on 1% for a while. Please help. If it helps, I've been using the phone for 7 months.

https://androidforums.com/threads/my-htc-desire-530.1142818/

Two threads down from yours;)

Upvote 0
What good is pointing someone to a thread that doesn't have a proper solution though? Kinda weird isn't it? lol.
The solution in that case was a faulty device. If that is the case, there is nothing a member here will be able to help with. If your symptoms are the same, you may want to get it taken care of while it is under warranty.

Reactions: Bg260 and Dannydet
Upvote 0
I have the exact same problem, I've even changed the battery, it worked for a while, but now, sometimes, I look at my phone, it always has at least 40 percent left and it just dies and only switches on when connected to cable. I've also had the problem, that my phone sometimes will stay on for as long as it probably should, but tells me I have more power left than I actually have.
It's different kinds of things, so I think it might just be HTC's all in all, I've heard similar problems from allot of friends with HTC's and I'll be getting a new phone soon, even though I've only had it for about 8 months.

Upvote 0
and too add, I only saw the red exclamation mark today, I must've missed it before, It seems it comes and goes at random. So one might think it's the battery, but I've had too many friends have the same problem, maybe it is the battery, but HTC just did a bad job on the design and messed up all the phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones