• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Red "minus" button will not delete Windows

I'm constantly getting the message in my browser that "Window Can't Open, Window Limit Has Been Reached". So then I go to the Menu button, Open the Windows list and each open Window is listed with the red minus sign next to it. Tapping the red minus button SHOULD delete the window, but instead it only takes to directly to that page.

I did see on another site that you need to "hold" the red button until the item turns blue, but that doesn't seem to work either. It still takes you to the page instead of deleting the window.

On rare occassions it works but that is rare.

Is there something in my settings I need to do to make the "delete" button work like it is supposed to?

I'm constantly getting the message in my browser that "Window Can't Open, Window Limit Has Been Reached". So then I go to the Menu button, Open the Windows list and each open Window is listed with the red minus sign next to it. Tapping the red minus button SHOULD delete the window, but instead it only takes to directly to that page.

I did see on another site that you need to "hold" the red button until the item turns blue, but that doesn't seem to work either. It still takes you to the page instead of deleting the window.

On rare occassions it works but that is rare.

Is there something in my settings I need to do to make the "delete" button work like it is supposed to?

Seems to work for me, maybe try with your pinky finger, I have fat fingers and sometimes it takes my pinky finger to hit the button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones