• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Redmi 7a Not Working

Redmi7aUK

Lurker
May 30, 2020
Hi. In the UK, I bought a Redmi 7a last autumn. It'll still be under warranty if the problem is something I can take to them. I don't use it that much; the only apps I've installed are Firefox and BT Wi-Fi (from my ISP). Twice now I've had the same problem, maybe a couple of months apart. The last time I fixed it by resetting the phone, but obviously I want to avoid doing that over and over. The issue is: the alarm doesn't work in the morning, I unlock and look at the phone and the whole screen is flashing, I reboot and get a home screen with a big square area at the top saying "Loading" (see screenshot). I've tried the built in "find and fix issues" app, clearing cache, searching for viruses. Help appreciated.

Attachments

• Redmi Home Loading.jpg
    Redmi Home Loading.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 178
If I tap where it says Loading, the clock app comes up, so it's that that can't load. I did try clearing all data for the clock app. No change. How do I uninstall system apps like this? There's no option to uninstall under Manage Apps. And how do I reinstall later? I'm not sure if this is a standard Google clock or a Xiaomi thing. There are various things in the app store called clock, but not this, as far as I can see. Will the system updater just pick up that this is missing, if it is?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what is on your screen shot is called a widget and is usually associated with an app. if you hold on the widget i would try and remove the widget and then re-add it back. you do know what widget it is, correct? do you have a custom launcher?

for instance on my phone:
Screenshot_20200530_124045_Nova_Launcher(1).jpg

that widget is from 1weather and its a clock but also it will launch the 1weather app for a more detailed weather analysis. now if the same is happening on my phone, i would not look into the clock, but the 1weather widget and app and see if they are the cause of your issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones