1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Reduce Minutes Used

Discussion in 'Page Plus Cellular' started by mikeanthony, Sep 8, 2015.

1. mikeanthony

mikeanthony Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2015
    I am on a monthly plan with limited minutes included and I felt I was being charged for more minutes than I was actually using so I requested a record.

Page Plus doesn't reveal your call records online like other companies do so if you question your usage they make you sign a sworn affidavit with details about your phone and then fax it to them and wait 30 days for a mailed copy of your call record details.

My suspicions were confirmed when after examining the record I received I concluded that I was being charged double minutes for every text I sent. After several calls to Page Plus I finally reached a supervisor who explained it to me.

In the phone settings there are 2 boxes that are checked by default that indicate you desire a text message delivery report sent (1 minute charged) for every MMS and SMS message sent .

If you are on a limited monthly plan uncheck these 2 boxes on your phone and stop being double charged by Page Plus for every text you send.

Of course if you have a plan with unlimited texts this doesn't matter.

Advertisement

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Interesting, I've never seen those reports enabled by default, although I don't use Page Plus.