• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reduce Minutes Used

I am on a monthly plan with limited minutes included and I felt I was being charged for more minutes than I was actually using so I requested a record.

Page Plus doesn't reveal your call records online like other companies do so if you question your usage they make you sign a sworn affidavit with details about your phone and then fax it to them and wait 30 days for a mailed copy of your call record details.

My suspicions were confirmed when after examining the record I received I concluded that I was being charged double minutes for every text I sent. After several calls to Page Plus I finally reached a supervisor who explained it to me.

In the phone settings there are 2 boxes that are checked by default that indicate you desire a text message delivery report sent (1 minute charged) for every MMS and SMS message sent .

If you are on a limited monthly plan uncheck these 2 boxes on your phone and stop being double charged by Page Plus for every text you send.

Of course if you have a plan with unlimited texts this doesn't matter.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones