• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reformat SanDisk SD32Gb

I have a ANS ACK2326 Android 12 Smart phone. Issue:
I'm using a SanDisk SD32Gb that's setup for Internal Storage and wanted to reformat to Portable. I read a Walkthrough and Unmounted the Card, then Remounted it, but it's still stuck in Internal Storage? Can it even be moved? Maybe get another Card? Any ideas ?
Thanks

I'm using a SanDisk SD32Gb that's setup for Internal Storage and wanted to reformat to Portable. I read a Walkthrough and Unmounted the Card, then Remounted it, but it's still stuck in Internal Storage? Can it even be moved? Maybe get another Card? Any ideas ?
Thanks
go to settings>storage>>format sd card as portable. keep in mind anything stored on the sd card will be erased.

Upvote 0
Thanks
Try reformatting the microSD card back to Portable again, then power off your phone. Remove the card from your phone, start it up normally again, wait for the start process to finish so you see the Home page again, then power off your phone again a second time. Now go through the process to insert the card and start up your phone to see if your card is now Portable again.

Upvote 0
Try reformatting the microSD card back to Portable again, then power off your phone. Remove the card from your phone, start it up normally again, wait for the start process to finish so you see the Home page again, then power off your phone again a second time. Now go through the process to insert the card and start up your phone to see if your card is now Portable again.
Will try this later

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
so if you select sd card, what happens? it should give you the option to format. if it does not, then something is wrong. and did you try @svim 's suggestion?
No, I haven't Dismounted the SD Card yet as suggested. I did slide the SD Card out then back in but it still showed using it as Internal Storage.
Right now trying to get over the Flu.... Will give it a shot as soon as I'm Up and around.

Upvote 0
Samsung PRO 125GB [...] probably a bit on the Overkill side but should take care of My Storage. Thanks to All for your Assistance ‍, much appreciated!!
You think that's overkill? I'll probably get a 1 TB (1000 GB) card for my tablet. But my tablet runs two operating systems, Android and Windows, and some of those Windows games eat up a lot of space. My advice: Don't feel too bad about overkill on an SD card, because SD cards have a lot of uses. For example: I'll be reusing my tablet's current microSD card as a USB disk. The card just needs an adaptor to turn it into a stick that plugs into a USB port, rather than a little card that could get lost easily.

Addendum 2023-07-15: Considering that I'm doing work with backing up my files on cloud storage, that 1TB is coming in handy! True, the point is cloud storage is to not have to store files locally. But files still must be downloaded from, and uploaded to, the cloud server. That requires that files be stored temporarily on your computer (and smartphones are computers).

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones