• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Refurbished?

Apr 30, 2016
Lincoln
Just looking for some opinions as to what "refurbished" actually means. In particular, electronics, computer parts and such, but this word can be applied to a wide variety of products so any opinions are welcome.
To me, I have always considered that refurbished means at least one new component.... from there it's a grey area.
I'd also like opinions from both a buyers and sellers prospective.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Member243850
from.. just repackaging it so it looks like a new box.. because someone returned it with no technical issues.

or there was a known recall.. fixed and repackaged.

fixed a simple issue and repackaged.

or just checked and sold with out repackaged... but with al parts.

it is a wide range... so you should be careful when considering this option.
for me I look at the savings.. it has to be enough of a discount for me to consider the risks.
10% discount is not enough for me to look at.
more than 25% before it becomes considerable.
at 50% it is hard to pass up.

Upvote 0
This is great info. Thanks everyone. From what I've been looking into, RAM for one, I just don't know how that could be refurbished.
This all came about when I purchased a box of Misc. computer parts at a auction. There were several graphics cards included. Some decent ones, but the fans are full of dust (dead skin cells). I completely disassembled one and cleaned it with a toothbrush and tested all the ports.
I would like to build a reputation on E-Bay as a quality seller. Have I refurbished it? What value can I add with such a proclamation? I have moral issues and I want to do the right thing, as well as remaining in good standing on E-Bay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones