• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Regarding Whatsapp Status and Email

Hi,

I hope I am on the right section of the forum. I also did a bit of research online and wasn't able to find the answers so am here now :). I have two situations.

1. If someone whats app status date is being displayed but the date hasn't changed in about 2 months what could this mean? I am also seeing their picture. Could this mean they deleted whatsapp? Or lost there phone? Any ideas?

2. Also when you press and hold a conversation you had with someone the options will come up e.g. Delete, Email, Add Convo Shortcut etc. However on the phone only DELETE and CANCEL appear (i.e. The EMAIL CONVERSATION) does not appear? Anyone knows what happened to the email option?

Thanks very very very much for any assistance.

1. If someone whats app status date is being displayed but the date hasn't changed in about 2 months what could this mean? I am also seeing their picture. Could this mean they deleted whatsapp? Or lost there phone? Any ideas?

If you are referring to the last seen date in WhatsApp, it means that was the last time that person checked WhatsApp. If it hasn't changed for 2 months, I recommend you find another means to communicate with this person.

2. Also when you press and hold a conversation you had with someone the options will come up e.g. Delete, Email, Add Convo Shortcut etc. However on the phone only DELETE and CANCEL appear (i.e. The EMAIL CONVERSATION) does not appear? Anyone knows what happened to the email option?

I still have it on mine. I however, generally do not update my apps unless I see the update has new features that I want or fixes some issue I'm having. I'm on version 2.11.378. Maybe the version you have no longer has this option. Have you updated recently?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones