1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Regarding Whatsapp Status and Email

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by coffeeaddict, Nov 2, 2014.

1. coffeeaddict

coffeeaddict Lurker

Hi,

I hope I am on the right section of the forum. I also did a bit of research online and wasn't able to find the answers so am here now :). I have two situations.

1. If someone whats app status date is being displayed but the date hasn't changed in about 2 months what could this mean? I am also seeing their picture. Could this mean they deleted whatsapp? Or lost there phone? Any ideas?

2. Also when you press and hold a conversation you had with someone the options will come up e.g. Delete, Email, Add Convo Shortcut etc. However on the phone only DELETE and CANCEL appear (i.e. The EMAIL CONVERSATION) does not appear? Anyone knows what happened to the email option?

Thanks very very very much for any assistance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. coffeeaddict

coffeeaddict Lurker

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

If you are referring to the last seen date in WhatsApp, it means that was the last time that person checked WhatsApp. If it hasn't changed for 2 months, I recommend you find another means to communicate with this person.

I still have it on mine. I however, generally do not update my apps unless I see the update has new features that I want or fixes some issue I'm having. I'm on version 2.11.378. Maybe the version you have no longer has this option. Have you updated recently?

4. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

I'm on the latest version (2.11.399) tap and hold gives me 5 options :-

View contact
    Add shortcut
    Archive
    Delete
    Email

:)