• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Release] Another new baseband C_01.43.01P

We don't get change logs on these, so no one knows specifically what has been changed.

My general assumption is that Moto/Verizon don't release radio updates for the fun of it, costs them money to create/test/release them, so there are issues they felt were important enough to address in the existing basebands by releasing a new one.

A new baseband could improve signal strength/quality, improve battery life, reduce 1x/3G "hunting"...hard to say what might be included in a release.

I've never had things get worse from a baseband update...this release is the first one that actually seems to have improved things for me, but YMMV...

Upvote 0
I just updated to the new baseband and I have only one bar at my house which is the same as its ever been but once I hit the phone button it jumps up to three bars, I end the call then back down to one bar. I don't know if this means anything I am just reporting my experience.

This is because calls are made on 1x and normally you are seeing 3g signal. So just have better 1x coverage than 3g.

Upvote 0
With the last couple of baseband updates I lost auto-synch on gmail. Just go into the mail program, select accounts, pick your account, then going into settings. Make sure auto-synch is checked. It worked for me. BTW - using latest CM and flashed the baseband with clockwork.

Thanks Neil -- you saved me a lot of aggravation. I wouldn't have even bothered to check autosync if I hadn't seen your post, and sure enough, it wasn't checked when I did go in to check.

UPDATE: I was experiencing sync errors and lost my 3G for a while. Switching to airplane mode and back didn't fix it, but rebooting did. Everything is syncing just fine now and my signal is phenomenal.

Also, in case folks forgot about this, my Vocode had been changed back to EVRC after this upgrade, so don't forget to do the ##7764726 thing (000000 Verify code), go into Vocode and change it to EVRC-B.

UPDATE2: Just went into the Market for the first time after the upgrade and it took a fraction of a second to load Market, then downloads, and downloading updates was lightning fast! Very happy!

Upvote 0
Tried installing Pete's all-in-one upgrade package, upgrading from the previous leaked BB and I'm getting the "Error 7 - install aborted" problem I'm seeing on Alldroid. Also tried updating from clockwork and downloading / redownloading from ROM manager and got the same thing. Only thing I haven't tried is flashing SPR and trying from there. Might give that a shot if nobody else has any info.

Anybody seen the same thing and if so, how'd ya get around it?

Thanks!

**Same error with SPR** darn =(

Final edit...I was able to get the zip of the original upgrade from mydroidworld to install without a problem. Not sure why my phone isn't agreeing with Pete's awesome work =(

Upvote 0
I installed Pete's BB 2.2 and his baseband he offers (C_01.43.01P). I decided to go back to BB v1.1 so I restored my backup from Rom Manager. I didn't downgrade the baseband and it is working fine with 2.1.

Just thought I'd let people know that if you go back to 2.1 you may not need to downgrade the baseband if you upgraded it for the 2.2 rom.

Same here. Seems like all the basebands (at least up until now) are independent of the ROM used.

Upvote 0
Tried using pete's baseband on my Cyanogen and man it borked that sucker up good! Couldn't connect to jack. Rebooted,tried to relog on to Gmail...nothing. Even went back to a previous backup of Cyan to no avail. Had to try cyans baseband update which requires reactivation and now it's working. I think I'll leave the baseband stuff alone from now on....restores don't work with em and they leave your phone deader than a doornail....

Upvote 0
Ahh Nuts!

Didn't heed xJester's recommendation since the last one upgraded fine and now my MDN and other settings are whacked and I cannot activate.

Anyway to get this back easily? Wife has her own, non rooted droid, that I could probably get the settings from but she's away right now due back in a few hours.

Seems it really messed up the internal config and right now guessing is having me no luck and unable to place calls or activate successfully.

Ideas or wait for the wife's droid to get the CDMA # and other details?

Upvote 0
may want to add this to the instructions as well
1. Dial ##PROGRAM and press call button
2. enter 000000 and click on "verify"
3. change the vodacode settings to using EVDO-B

--i always forget this until i realize i missed something :)

I usually blindly follow advice on here and it hasn't bit me yet (knock on wood) and I did this too but I found myself asking what this just did for me?

Upvote 0
Ahh Nuts!

Didn't heed xJester's recommendation since the last one upgraded fine and now my MDN and other settings are whacked and I cannot activate.

Anyway to get this back easily? Wife has her own, non rooted droid, that I could probably get the settings from but she's away right now due back in a few hours.

Seems it really messed up the internal config and right now guessing is having me no luck and unable to place calls or activate successfully.

Ideas or wait for the wife's droid to get the CDMA # and other details?

Got mine back after setting the MDN and the other number back to my phone number and rebooted. Finally pulled the CDMA Sys ID and activated finally.. Whew!

Upvote 0
Anyone else having terrible signal strength with C_01.43.01P? When I first flashed it I didn't notice any change in signal strength but last night I noticed that I only had 2 bars at my home when I normally get full strength. Today at work I noticed the same thing, low bars when I used to get full strength. So I downgraded my baseband back to C_01.3E.03P and got full strength again. Anyone having this issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones