• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Release date: 6/24 nationwide; 6/21 for SP members.

Here's a question someone may have an answer to! Was the OG EVO in stores to play around with before it actually launched? I wasn't a day one adopter, so I wouldn't know. Bascially, I'd love a chance to play around with it before comitting myself to standing in line (assuming I end up deeming it a worthy upgrade at all).

Upvote 0
Here's a question someone may have an answer to! Was the OG EVO in stores to play around with before it actually launched? I wasn't a day one adopter, so I wouldn't know. Bascially, I'd love a chance to play around with it before comitting myself to standing in line (assuming I end up deeming it a worthy upgrade at all).

When I preordered at Best Buy, they had dummy units on display and that was a good month before launch so I'd say no.

Reactions: lordofthereef
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
you do realize that that was the release date and price for the original evo, right?

my guess is june 4. obviously. 1 yr. anniversary for the evo.

If you were responding to me, you do realize that I responded to the post that is in quotes. Which clearly states,
Well, does anyone remember when the official release date for the OG EVO was announced?

Upvote 0
from what I've heard june 3rd for sprint premier gold 4th for sprint premier silver and full national launch the 5th just a rumor.

I can't possibly imagine this. We'll see if it happens, could definitely be interesting if it does.

I mean, lets say they have supply issues like they did with the Evo 4G...and end up with paltry/non existent numbers by national launch time. Would look pretty bad for them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones