• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removal of MTK Logger

BlynHyra

Lurker
Aug 11, 2018
(Note: New to these forums, so I don't quite know if this is where I should put this.)

Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on when you're reading this.

I've had my ASUS ZenPad 10 for about a year now, and nearly every time I've tried running an app on it for a long period of time, I've gotten a full storage notification. And every time, it's caused by the "mtklog" folder. Simply deleting the folder is fine for only a little while, since it just shows up again.

Doing some research, I've found that this folder is linked to the MTK Logger app, and that I can disable it in engineering mode. However, when I've tried to do so, the MTKLogger option is grayed out, and I cannot select it.

I have no clue what to do, so some assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

(Some screenshots for context):
Screenshot_20180811-205603.jpg Screenshot_20180811-205821_1.jpg

I see you posted that a year ago and presumably found a fix, but anyway in the hope that this might be useful to others:

This worked on my Asus Zenpad 8:

Install "Engineer Mode MTK Shortcut" at
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Go.EngModeMtkShortcut
Open the app - it's just a shortcut to EngineerMode
Swipe left to "Hardware Testing"
Tap on Audio then Audio Logger
Uncheck any checked boxes - there was just one checked on mine, one of the mixer dumps.

That's it! Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones