1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Remove the Mute & Speaker buttons from the Moment

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chibucks, Feb 18, 2010.

1. chibucks

chibucks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    I know there have been complaints about the mute & speaker phone and in-call accidental presses. :) If you have a rooted phone, then you can push the PhoneNoButtons.apk over the /system/app/Phone.apk

NOTE: this phone.apk doesn't work for the de-odexed framework
    forum doesn't allow this type of attachment (and zip is too big), so here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/chibucks/

Basically what was done is the XML file was edited using a HEX editor and I just made the button 0 x 0. :) This just the basic button removal with the current phone.apk (with the small contact picture).

There's also a few apk's posted in SDX and samsungmomentforums that have the picture size increased if anyone is interested in that.

FYI - You can still access the mute and speaker if you press menu in a call.

[​IMG]

Advertisement

gmjlopez likes this.
  2. Ano

Ano Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Hi Chibucks,

Very nice that you were able to remove the mute button by adjusting the apk!
    I have a Garmin/Asus Nuvifone A10 but the Phone.apk is different from the one you posted on your website. However, I would really like to remove these buttons.
    Could I maybe send you the phone.apk file of my phone? I would be very happy if you were willing to make the necessary changes to this file as well!

Thanks!

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.