• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove the Mute & Speaker buttons from the Moment

chibucks

Android Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2009
I know there have been complaints about the mute & speaker phone and in-call accidental presses. :) If you have a rooted phone, then you can push the PhoneNoButtons.apk over the /system/app/Phone.apk

NOTE: this phone.apk doesn't work for the de-odexed framework
forum doesn't allow this type of attachment (and zip is too big), so here:
https://sites.google.com/site/chibucks/

Basically what was done is the XML file was edited using a HEX editor and I just made the button 0 x 0. :) This just the basic button removal with the current phone.apk (with the small contact picture).

There's also a few apk's posted in SDX and samsungmomentforums that have the picture size increased if anyone is interested in that.

FYI - You can still access the mute and speaker if you press menu in a call.

devicebutton.png

Reactions: gmjlopez
Hi Chibucks,

Very nice that you were able to remove the mute button by adjusting the apk!
I have a Garmin/Asus Nuvifone A10 but the Phone.apk is different from the one you posted on your website. However, I would really like to remove these buttons.
Could I maybe send you the phone.apk file of my phone? I would be very happy if you were willing to make the necessary changes to this file as well!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones