• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

remove the SIM cover easily

On the Sim/SD door I just squeeze the sides and it'll slide down no problem. I finally had to open the battery door yesterday and although it is tricky I used a guitar pick to pry gently at the notch then on the other side then it started to come off without much trouble. Certainly there could have been a better way to engineer it. I mean honestly still having a iPhone I've heard the argument by Apple haters that a non user replaceable battery is bad thing but if the battery door is such a pain in the ass and it breaks then how is that a advantage? I've owned iPhones for over 2 years and never had a battery problem nor has anyone else I know with one. Just my 2 cents. End of rant.

Upvote 0
The easiest way that I've found to remove the sim cover is to grab the thing in your right hand (holding the phone in your left) and wiggle it while applying downward pressure. The wiggle action works much better than a straight downward pull. The battery door, OTOH, is a *disaster* waiting to happen. I can not believe that the HTC engineers signed off on that thing as an acceptable device.

-Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones