1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Removing FB birthdays from default calander

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Ciju, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Ciju

Ciju Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Im having a bit of a problem getting rid of all the blasted FB birthday clogging me my calendar... I UN-synched it, and then I also went to the Storage function under Calendar in Applications and hit "Clear data". It prompted me to remove all data and I hit yes knowing that the rest of my information would re-synch. Not the case apparently... All my FB birthdays are still there :(

Advertisement

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    You didn't describe the phone. The original Facebook for Android sync services are actually for contacts only. HTC Sense (Facebook for HTC Sense), Samsung Touchwiz (Facebook for Social Hub), and Motoblur have their own separate syncs to Facebook that includes the calendar. You have to disable that too.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

It has to do with what you synced: Facebook website or Facebook app. If you sync to the facebook website, these birthdays appear. If you sync to the Facebook app, they dont.

To see where you synced, basically, go to your contacts, open one, and view facebook profile. It would open the app or browser depending on where you synced.