• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing FB birthdays from default calander

Ciju

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
Im having a bit of a problem getting rid of all the blasted FB birthday clogging me my calendar... I UN-synched it, and then I also went to the Storage function under Calendar in Applications and hit "Clear data". It prompted me to remove all data and I hit yes knowing that the rest of my information would re-synch. Not the case apparently... All my FB birthdays are still there :(

You didn't describe the phone. The original Facebook for Android sync services are actually for contacts only. HTC Sense (Facebook for HTC Sense), Samsung Touchwiz (Facebook for Social Hub), and Motoblur have their own separate syncs to Facebook that includes the calendar. You have to disable that too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones