• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing Service Provider Apps etc.

JDyson87

Lurker
Jul 25, 2012
Hi everyone I a new here and have recently just unlocked my LG GT540 from Orange.

I was just wondering how I can get rid of the icons such as the Orange World and Orange App store etc so they are to the generic set-up?

Also, I am not able to use the Orange App Store to download apps, is this because I am no longer on Orange and what can I use instead, the Android Market?

Thanks in advance,

James

Hi everyone I a new here and have recently just unlocked my LG GT540 from Orange.

I was just wondering how I can get rid of the icons such as the Orange World and Orange App store etc so they are to the generic set-up?

Also, I am not able to use the Orange App Store to download apps, is this because I am no longer on Orange and what can I use instead, the Android Market?

Thanks in advance,

James

The best I can suggest is to Root your phone. Remember, rooting your phone voids its warranty, but it is worth it. I reccomend you go for it as it also gives you additional control over moving apps to SD card, which allows you to have loads of apps installed in the phone, without having to worry about precious phone memory.
If you're wondering how to root your phone, google it out and also there are several helpful vids available on youtube for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones