• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing Stock App's with Root Explorer

Terabethia

Android Expert
Jun 21, 2010
Northern Virginia
I found this online while researching how to remove bloatware off my phone. It's written for the Samsung Moment, but is there any reason why this wouldn't work for the Incredible?

Removing stock apps with Root Explorer Tutorial @ Tutorial - Talking about Gadget and Computer Freak

I am also seeing many people who use Titanium Backup to remove unwanted app's. It seems that Titanium will only delete them, not move them, but if you know you'll never want it again wouldn't that be okay? For app's like CityID or VZ Nav that you will never use or want?

From Here:

Removing Bloatware With Titanium Backup

Titanium Backup is a freeware application that uses superuser permissions to backup/restore your applications, settings, and data. Since this app does it’s main functions by moving around files in the hard drive, it also has the ability to delete unwanted applications. All you have to do after downloading the application is go to Explore, the click on the triangle to the right of the application you want to remove. Then it will give you the option to either backup or un-install the app. If you aren’t sure you really want to delete it, make sure you make a backup first just in case.

This is by far the easiest method to uninstalling bloatware. So go to the link above and download it now. It’s simple, plus the fact that your can backup/restore data makes life so much easier.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones