• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing the watermarked form my HTC EVO 4G

miro85

Lurker
Aug 25, 2012
Hi guys!! I'm trying to remove the watermarked from my HTC EVO 4G, im using the [GUIDE] How to achieve S-OFF after unlocking 2.18 HBOOT with HTCDev.com - No More Watermark! :) under the Captain_Throwback

Everything was running fine but on step 7 (Run the command "adb shell" after I enter the command and hit enter the "daemon not running." text appears and instead of getting the "#" I got the following: "C:\Android>" then I run the command again and the followign text appears: "error: device not found"

Any clue??
Im 100% sure that the adb file is threre!

Hi guys!! I'm trying to remove the watermarked from my HTC EVO 4G, im using the [GUIDE] How to achieve S-OFF after unlocking 2.18 HBOOT with HTCDev.com - No More Watermark! :) under the Captain_Throwback

Everything was running fine but on step 7 (Run the command "adb shell" after I enter the command and hit enter the "daemon not running." text appears and instead of getting the "#" I got the following: "C:\Android>" then I run the command again and the followign text appears: "error: device not found"

Any clue??
Im 100% sure that the adb file is threre!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!
do you have usb debugging turned on? and do you have fastboot disabled?

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Hi Thanks for answer me!! Yes I Have the USB debugging turned on, and the fastboot disabled.

And when I run the "adb shell" command I got the following:

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daimon started successfully *
error: device not found

It seems that the command doesn't find my phone!! but im 100% sure that my USBs ports works well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones