• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replaced screen, now background is stuck sideways

I have a Motorola Droid 4 with slideout keyboard. Cracked the screen and ordered one on eBay (digitizer/bezel combo), replaced it via RepairsUniverse's instructional vid on Youtube. Simple task minus one T3 screw that got stripped out. Anyways, got it all back together and it works flawlessly, but the background is stuck sideways.

With the keyboard closed and phone upright, the screen is still sideways like when the keyboard is open. I can't shake it and make the screen invert to upright display or anything. While I had the back off of the phone, I happened to notice the little gyro mechanism, and it seemed to be functioning properly.

All in all, I can deal with this if it comes down to it, before I would pay for another phone....but it is definitely annoying. Has anyone ever encountered this issue with their Droid 4 or maybe know what to check that could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones