• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement case for Rogers Magic?

A while ago my dog got ahold of my Rogers DREAM phone. The phone is fine, except the casing is all chewed on and the power button seems permanently pressed in.

After searching on eBay, I ordered a replacement casing at a reasonable price. It arrived a short time ago and I just started the process of moving the hardware over.

Now, I'm sitting here with my HTC DREAM in pieces in front of me. The process of moving to a new case has been pretty straightforward, except for the user interface area. For some reason, I cannot get this assembly to clip to the main assembly. It seems that the UI assembly is too "thick" and won't allow the casings to clip.

Other that this issue, the TMobile casing seems to be a match for the Rogers Dream.

I've moved most of the hardware to the new casing, but I cannot get the user control module to clip to the main casing. I had no problem moving the user interface hardware to the new UI casing, but something within that setup leaves the electronics raised just a bit too far.

...so, are there any replacement casings for a Rogers DREAM phone available out there?

Any other options for a perfectly functional, but chewed on Dream?

edit: It's a DREAM, not a Magic. Post corrected.

A while ago my dog got ahold of my Rogers DREAM phone. The phone is fine, except the casing is all chewed on and the power button seems permanently pressed in.

After searching on eBay, I ordered a replacement casing at a reasonable price. It arrived a short time ago and I just started the process of moving the hardware over.

Now, I'm sitting here with my HTC DREAM in pieces in front of me. The process of moving to a new case has been pretty straightforward, except for the user interface area. For some reason, I cannot get this assembly to clip to the main assembly. It seems that the UI assembly is too "thick" and won't allow the casings to clip.

Other that this issue, the TMobile casing seems to be a match for the Rogers Dream.

I've moved most of the hardware to the new casing, but I cannot get the user control module to clip to the main casing. I had no problem moving the user interface hardware to the new UI casing, but something within that setup leaves the electronics raised just a bit too far.

...so, are there any replacement casings for a Rogers DREAM phone available out there?

Any other options for a perfectly functional, but chewed on Dream?

edit: It's a DREAM, not a Magic. Post corrected.

The issue is that the front panel of the dream is different with the button layouts as the world equivalent, the T-Mobile G1:
tmobile-g-1.jpg
banner03_dreamblkr.png

Otherwise, everything is compatible.

However, the Dream is not known well around the world. You may be out of luck...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones