• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help replacement T-Bolt = better but new Prob w/k-9 mail. Little help?

So recently had my T-bolt replaced by VZW for a bunch of erratic issues. The new one (refurb) seems to have some improvements (nicer radios toggle widget already on one of the alternate home screens), batt life seems greatly improved, and possibly a few other nice little touches not really worth listing (haven't really tracked them - just noticed a couple of little others while poking around).

But, here is the NEW PROBLEM:

I am NOT an experienced Android user (T-bolt is my first coming from BB). I really like k-9 as it structures my email (using 4 accounts) as close to BB structure as I have found so far: separate inboxes, separate polling times, separate notification sounds, ability to delete off phone and leave on server, etc...

I have it all set up (as above) just like I did on my original T-bolt. Everything works. For the first few days, all polled right on schedule. NOW - it no longer seems to automatically poll the accounts. I have no idea what happened. I have reverified all the set polling increments and all are as I set them. But, it will only poll if I open the app and use the menu key to tell k-9 to "check mail".

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and/or suggestions for a fix? Could there be some other setting I am missing somewhere? Other than this glitch - the replacement (so far) seems a huge improvement over my original (release day 1) T-bolt.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help.

Have you double checked your settings? Sorry but the simplest answer is often overlooked ;)

Are you running a task killer? If so, stop. If you don't want to take that advise then put k9 on your excluded list.

If I have failed to answer your issue then please comment that I have failed to answer your question and I will keep trying :D

Upvote 0
Have you double checked your settings? Sorry but the simplest answer is often overlooked ;)

Are you running a task killer? If so, stop. If you don't want to take that advise then put k9 on your excluded list.

If I have failed to answer your issue then please comment that I have failed to answer your question and I will keep trying :D

Thanks Yeahha, No task killer. All polling settings on each account are set (5 min, 30, 30 and 1 hr respectively). However, the top of each page, next to accounts says "(syncing disabled)" that I do not remember being there on the previous phone. I have searched the settings and either I am missing it or... but I do not know what that "(syncing disabled)" means, if changing that setting will allow auto-polling as per set increments or if the issue may be something else altogether.

As I said, all worked fine first few days and then stopped polling. I CAN use menu->"check mail" to get the phone to manually poll and it does get the mail but only if I do this manually (any account "check mail" will poll and pull all accounts).

Thanks again for your assistance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones