• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replacing Laucher fix reported lag?

Does changing to GO or similar fix all the reported "lag" issues that sense has?

Debating between RAZR and Rezound.. and this is the main thing keeping me away. I will be using GO with whatever phone I choose.. so if I use GO, am i eliminating the lag potential?

As I hate this phone as much as anything I would say the "lag" you are talking about is non-existent. I am certain this phone has just about ZERO lag. Although GO is a lot less resource dependent and will make it seem to have a little more giddy-up. For a real fun ride though install ADW and disable wallpaper scrolling....its CRAZY:eek:. In the end though GO is the best launcher on the market hands down.

Upvote 0
I used Zeam exclusively on my Fascinate before coming to the Rezound. I also tried GO a little bit but liked Zeam better. I have them both on the Rezound and have tried to use them and they work terrible. Zeam especially needs a few more tweaks from the developer. So I've settled into using Sense exclusively. It doesn't have any lags for me or other issues. I just have always liked Zeam.

Upvote 0
As I hate this phone as much as anything I would say the "lag" you are talking about is non-existent. I am certain this phone has just about ZERO lag. Although GO is a lot less resource dependent and will make it seem to have a little more giddy-up. For a real fun ride though install ADW and disable wallpaper scrolling....its CRAZY:eek:. In the end though GO is the best launcher on the market hands down.

lol wait, why are you in these forums if you hate the phone? haha

and yeah, there's no lag on sense 3.5 on this phone.

Upvote 0
I actually didn't notice very much lag with Sense. I like a 5x5 grid and no labels on the screen icons, so I did go with ADW Launcher and surprisingly THEN saw lag! I had to change scrolling cache to "Low Quality" to make it go away. Works great now.

GO Launcher is quick, too. But honestly, I would use Sense if I could get a 5x5 grid with no labels.

Upvote 0
There is a lag. Reviews show it and the non demo and demo units I test show it, BUT, it goes away if not using live wallpapers. Some reviews point this out too.

Sense 3.5 and the 3D rotation effect, plus live wallpapers are not a good combo. Too much bling going on.

Launcher Pro makes the Rez lag free, even with live wallpapers. Added: The Razr would probably lag too with all that bling going on with Sense 3.5 and live wallpapers.

Then again, given the battery life of dual cores, hi res displays and 4G combined, why would anyone add more battery load with a live wallpaper??

Upvote 0
There is a lag. Reviews show it and the non demo and demo units I test show it, BUT, it goes away if not using live wallpapers. Some reviews point this out too.

Sense 3.5 and the 3D rotation effect, plus live wallpapers are not a good combo. Too much bling going on.

Launcher Pro makes the Rez lag free, even with live wallpapers. Added: The Razr would probably lag too with all that bling going on with Sense 3.5 and live wallpapers.

Then again, given the battery life of dual cores, hi res displays and 4G combined, why would anyone add more battery load with a live wallpaper??

i can see what you mean; the live wall papers slow down the screen scrolling effect, just like it did on the incredible. meh, i never use live wallpapers anyway haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones