• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacing LG Optimus One with Xperia Mini

Hey folks, in a previous thread in the Xperia X10 sub-forum, I speculated that I was replacing my LG Optimus One with an Xperia X10, but it now looks like I'm getting an Xperia Mini! In case you don't know or don't remember the story, I've got a kind family member who works for Sony Ericsson, and when I sadly facebooked about my lost phone (a well-loved LG Optimus One), he offered me a replacement out of his junk drawer. He's putting an Xperia Mini in the mail for me (I presume it's unlocked). Now, I see this phone is super new- looks like it's not yet available here in Canada. Keeping this in mind, is it going to be difficult for me to find a network carrier? Generally speaking, can you just take an unlocked handset out into the world at large and generally find a suitable network carrier? I guess I don't know much about the wizard magic that is mobile phone technology, I'm trying to plan ahead.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones