• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [REQ] ROM replacment for dummies

For each Rom there are posted instructions that the dev will post on how to install each one.Now each rom varies with different instructions so follow carefully or you will run into problems.To make it simple if you know how to make a backup(nandroid)from clockwork you should make a backup of your current rom prior to installing each new one that way if you run into problems with a new rom or just don't like it you just go into clockwork and restore your previous backup. With that being said what I do is before I install any rom I try to research first.I hope this helps you and you understand somewhat

Upvote 0
Is there a site that could give rom replacment instructions in plain english for a rooted droidx user that has never done it and isn't down with all the industry terms? Also a recommendation of a rom to install?:eek:
Ill make it easy on you.

Apex

RubiX My personal favorite.

And then there's the new Tranquility 3.0
TranQ 3.0

All have instructions at the bottom of their respective posts. Might want to have the 2.2sbf and RSDlite handy.

Upvote 0
Try this for comprehensive help:
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ing-custom-rom-theme-how-unbrick-droid-x.html

Also, to a newbie, fear of the unknown (bricking) is the worst. I understand that. I was a newbie, recently. With the help of a great forum guide (D13) (and I mean great), I am now a modding fiend.

So, I offer the blessing forward. If you have questions, feel free to ask them here and/or you can PM me. Overall, the whole process is quite simple. The fear is of losing your phone to perma-brick, which is highly unlikely with the SBF recovery process.

So, ask me or ask here. We'll get you the help you need!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones