• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

REQUEST: HTC keyboard fix, getting rediculous

mjz773

Nov 22, 2009
I have the Sprint HTC Hero,

I am rooted and running Fresh 2.0 The phone is awesome.

I am pissed at one thing, the Damn Keyboard.

I have had this problem while on Fresh 2.0, Damage control 2.05, and stock 1.5

Many, Many people are having this problem.

This phone has on ON-SCREEN Keyboard, this feature is the most buggy feature on a phone, and its ridiculous. And it is the most used feature, and it doesn't work right.

I will pay, donate, what ever if someone gets an app like this working, but I guarantee many, many people will buy it.

This will be identical to the HTC keyboard, but the functionality will be different.

Obvious the lag has to be free, nothing at all. If people pay for an app it has to work right.
Also what it would do is hide the suggestions but still correct common mistakes, I know this has its limitations in that if you type in JTC instead of HTC it will correct it to HTC even if you meant JTC, This will not show all the corrections, it will automatically correct misspelled words, like the iPhone.

I am willing to use this, because instead of spelling the word out on top of you which gives you lag, it will just match the word up with the right one.

This is basically exactly like the iPhone's keyboard system. It shows the key popup, thats it. When it corrects a word it just changes it, instead of spelling the word above you. however, if I were to type in JTC it would show the word in a box, and you would click on it if you want it to stay.

is this possible?

Everyone can complain about the iPhone's KB, but it is much smoother, lag free, and corrects much, much better than the hero.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones