1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Resize Widget

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by komobu, Dec 30, 2013.

1. komobu

komobu Member
    None

Feb 18, 2012
    So I recently switched over from an iPhone, and I like the android os so much better!

Tonight I discovered how to put a direct dialer on my home screen. The widget is one by one. That is ok for the initial click. Now it is a folder and when clicked it has six icons for who I call the most. These icons are also one by one, but I would rather have them resized to 1.5 bu 1.5 or even 2 by 2. This would be much easier on my 50 year old eyes! Is this possible?

so in other words I click my direct dial folder from my home screen, and when it opens, all the icons inside of it are 2 by 2.

I am using Nova Launcher Prime if it matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    I don't use the stock widget for direct dial. In general, you can long press on the widget and you can stretch it out. But there is a Galaxy 4S stock widget called "Favorites Contact" that's larger. You could try that. Or you can try Pixelphone Pro (there is a paid and a free version). The Favorites widget is much larger. When you open it, you get 4X3 grid that fills up the entire screen (you can scroll down for 6 more).

3. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2013
    NW Arkansas, USA
    Just long press the widget in Nova, click on Resize and then make it whatever size you want. But you can't do half sizes.