• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

restore settings after restart DOPO tablet

shakushinnen

May 22, 2017
Hi,
I have a DoPo Double Power 7" tablet which refuses to saving my settings, after restarting. I have tried wiping the cache, and factory reset several times, but nothing seems to work. I'm wondering if there's an apk that I can install which will save my settings, and then re-set them (automatically or manually) up restarting?
Thanks,
.......... john

Hi,
I have a DoPo Double Power 7" tablet which refuses to saving my settings, after restarting. I have tried wiping the cache, and factory reset several times, but nothing seems to work. I'm wondering if there's an apk that I can install which will save my settings, and then re-set them (automatically or manually) up restarting?
Thanks,
.......... john
save your settings? what settings are we talking about?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Hi ocnbrze,
We are talking abut customizations, such as: text size, brightness, WiFi login information, installed applications (browser, file explorer, etc.) pretty much anything I change after booting. The entire system reverts back to the factory reset environment every time I shut down or reboot.
...... john

Upvote 0
it sounds like some
Hi ocnbrze,
We are talking abut customizations, such as: text size, brightness, WiFi login information, installed applications (browser, file explorer, etc.) pretty much anything I change after booting. The entire system reverts back to the factory reset environment every time I shut down or reboot.
...... john
there is no app that can do this. you can root the device, install a custom recovery like TWRP, and finally make a nandroid backup....a nandroid backup is a complete backup of your phone....settings and all. but you will need to root it first and i do not see anything related to rooting your phone nor a custom recovery.

just curious is this a recent issue? or an ongoing one?

Upvote 0
Hi,
I've only had the tablet for about 3 weeks, bought it at a local used items store (Value Village). It's been like this since I bought it. I put King Root on it, plus Aldiko (a book reader), Coolmuster, and Opera.
It's ok as is, as long as I don't shut it off, and keep it charged up.
So .... do you think TWRP and nandroid might be the answer?
I've never heard of them, but then I'm not well versed on Android.
..... john

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones