• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Returning TB for Bionic

killacam2

Mar 16, 2010
So I'm really not sure what forum to put this in, so feel free to move it mods. Anyways I went from a rooted OG Droid running CM7 to Thunderbolt, I want to return the TB and wait for the Bionic to come. My only question is, if I go to the store and have them put my Droid back in service is anything going to happen to me because its rooted?

So I'm really not sure what forum to put this in, so feel free to move it mods. Anyways I went from a rooted OG Droid running CM7 to Thunderbolt, I want to return the TB and wait for the Bionic to come. My only question is, if I go to the store and have them put my Droid back in service is anything going to happen to me because its rooted?

Yes unroot it. Get rid of all traces of root.

Upvote 0
Yes unroot it. Get rid of all traces of root.

This I don't understand. You have the ability to change devices on your own, so how does the store have to know that the device you're changing back to is rooted? I sold a friend of mine my D1 that was rooted, he put his own ROM on it and added it to his account with no problems. Wouldn't this follow the same process, or is it handled differently just because you're returning a device? Can't you make the switch back to your old device and then take the unwanted phone back to the store for the refund?

Upvote 0
This I don't understand. You have the ability to change devices on your own, so how does the store have to know that the device you're changing back to is rooted? I sold a friend of mine my D1 that was rooted, he put his own ROM on it and added it to his account with no problems. Wouldn't this follow the same process, or is it handled differently just because you're returning a device? Can't you make the switch back to your old device and then take the unwanted phone back to the store for the refund?

Yeah, should be as simple as a phone call. I've done it before.

Reactions: daltekkie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones