• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review of Ascend G300

wsjudd

Lurker
Aug 23, 2012
Here's a review I wrote of the Ascend G300. It looks like images didn't copy over quite right, so might want to check it out with all the formatting and images here:

Huawei Ascend G300 Review - The giffgaff community

Cheers,

Will

---

The Huawei Ascend G300 is one of the most popular budget phones on giffgaff, with many owners writing in to our feature on the top 10 budget handsets with praise for the handset.

Huawei are a rising firm in the mobile world, coming out from the shadows of network operators like Vodafone and O2 to provide handsets under their own Huawei brand - following in the footsteps of ZTE and HTC who did the same months and years before. The Chinese company's handsets have gotten a good reputation for delivering quality at a very aggressive price point, and it seems none exemplifies this more than the Ascend G300.

In this review, we'll have a look at how this phone measures up against its other budget bretheren like the HTC One V and the Orange Monte Carlo. Let's begin.

Specifications compared to the competition

In this chart, we'll see how the Ascend G300 (first row) stacks up against its competitors operating at a similar price range - at least on paper. I've chosen to compare it with three other handsets: the HTC One V, the most well known 'budget' option from a major vendor and Orange's San Francisco II and Monte Carlo, as made by ZTE.

Android CPU GPU RAM Display Resolution Storage microSD Camera Battery Dimensions Weight Price
Ascend G300 2.3 1 GHz Adreno 200 512 MB 4" IPS LCD 480 x 800 4 GB 32 GB 5 MP w/ LED flash 1500 mAh 122.5 x 63 x 10.5 mm 140 g

Great review. I returned my first one purely on grounds of very low ringer volume, but reading on forums the ability AnEq equaliser to boost the sounds influenced me to try another one, and am delighted.
The only problem I have is I can't find how to or even if you can send address book to my Parrot 3000 evolution car handsfree.
At the moment I have to select from the phone book which really defeats the object.
All in all though a cracking phone. Delighted.
Anyone out there can help me with my handsfree will ake me happier still
Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones