• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review of Seidio ACTIVE case w/holster with lots of pics!!!

twister6

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
This is a review of Seidio ACTIVE case with holster for Samsung Galaxy Note 2. SEIDIO | ACTIVE Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2

This is the only remaining Seidio case from Note 2 collection I haven't reviewed yet, so I figured - it's time! Someone might ask, with SURFACE and CONVERT already being reviewed, where does ACTIVE fits in there? As you aware, SURFACE is a hard rubberized "slim" case with a unique interlocking two-half design. CONVERT adds a rugged (ACTIVE-like) layer on top of SURFACE for a super protection at an expense of extra "bulk". ACTIVE fits perfectly in between. I wouldn't call it a slim case, but it's slimmer than some of the other dual layer cases. It also offers a decent protection thanks to its dual-layer design. Inner silicone shell is shock absorbent soft silicone with a wrap-around reinforced lip and side-grip molds. External skeleton offers additional layer of corner, side, and back protection. The feel of this exoskeleton layer is very smooth and rubberized (Seidio signature) which gives you a good grip in addition to side-grip from inner layer.

All the port openings have a perfect cutout and spot on alignment. Power and volume up/down buttons are covered, easy to push and a have great tactile response. Also, with inner layer being soft silicone, you never have to worry about your weirdly shaped after-market micro-usb plug or over-sized headphone plug since those openings will stretch a little bit. I know some people prefer a tight layer around the phone without any pull. With ACTIVE there is some pull around areas where external exoskeleton is not holding it down, but it comes to an advantage for those who worry about their screen protectors since soft silicone wraps around and will not push on the edges of screen protector if you have the kind which comes closer to the phone's edge. Also, it offers a decent bumper so there is no worrying of putting the phone face down on the surface. Exoskeleton includes a signature magnetic kickstand which I found to have NO interference with s-pen or other phone functions. Kickstand is very solid and works great in landscape orientation of the phone. Don't forget, there is also a generous selection of colors for exoskeleton shell, and those colors look really awesome in rubberized finish.

Holster is another great bonus on its own because I find Seidio holster design with reinforced bottom corners and spring-loaded latch to be one of the best out there. With a felt inner lining there is no issue of scratching your screen. Fitment is perfect, like a glove. No worries about wobbling or sliding inside. Also, the clip swivels around to adjust the angle of how you wanted it to be mounted on the belt. Clip itself is very sturdy and heavy duty.

Overall, this is another quality product from Sedio which I recommend. You can always refer to my previous SURFACE/CONVERT reviews to figure out which one will fit your needs better.

So, here comes the pictures:

active_n2-01_zps6fde124c.jpg

active_n2-02_zps5e4bc568.jpg

active_n2-03_zps7526e40b.jpg

active_n2-04_zps50c4bb78.jpg

active_n2-05_zpsf1e13ffa.jpg

active_n2-06_zps7d3ebf03.jpg

active_n2-07_zpsc78c769d.jpg

active_n2-08_zps2f721e85.jpg

active_n2-09_zps4c05022a.jpg

active_n2-10_zps21ca7f58.jpg

active_n2-11_zps5b657cf2.jpg

active_n2-12_zps80318116.jpg

active_n2-13_zps5c737e1b.jpg

active_n2-14_zpscae3fe50.jpg

active_n2-15_zps3d61e726.jpg

active_n2-16_zpsf1a634d6.jpg

active_n2-17_zps5ec98967.jpg

active_n2-18_zps98337d92.jpg

active_n2-19_zps0c889afd.jpg

active_n2-20_zps8458cb45.jpg

active_n2-21_zpsdf2b86e3.jpg

active_n2-22_zpsd5169853.jpg

active_n2-23_zps560baaa6.jpg

active_n2-24_zpsf1c4ed4f.jpg

I love my Seidio Active Case for my Note2.

Been using it nearly 5 months now. And I drop my Note 2 at least twice a month - the Active case does its job very well - My Note2 still looks like new, no scratches, no broken screens.

The Note2 mounted in the Seidio Active Case still fits all the Samsung docking cradles - A big plus compared to Otterbox Defender, and i use the rear kickstand daily.

I purchased the Seidio Active Case with Holster direct from Seidio, as soon as it was available. I put the Holster on my belt on the left side - But the first time I sat in my car the seat belt mechanism sheered off the Holster's belt clip.

6 weeks ago, I saw that Seidio now offers a 4500mAh Battery for Note2, and while I chatted with Seidio Customer service to ask if the new battery fits in the Active case, I related my story about the Active Holster breaking the first day - and they sent me a free replacement Holster a week later.

Seidio Customer service excels! Highly recommended

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones