• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review of Seidio DILEX (former ACTIVE) Nexus 7 HD Case w/Cover and lots of pics!!!

twister6

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
This is a review of Seidio DILEX (formerly known as ACTIVE) case for Nexus 7 HD with multi-purpose cover. SEIDIO | DILEX Case for Google Nexus 7 (2013)

I have been using and reviewed Seidio cases for a lot of smartphones and tablets, and I'm sure a lot of you familiar with their high quality products, including their line of Platinum cases sold exclusively at Best Buy. Formerly know as ACTIVE, Seidio changed the name to DILEX which sometime creates confusion for their die-hard fans, but make no mistake - it's only a name change with a design staying the same. As a matter of fact, I have exactly the same case for my original 2012 Nexus 7, and it's always our go-to case whenever we take it outdoors on a trip. What makes this particular design stand out is Multi-Purpose cover which is a MUST HAVE companion if you are deciding to get DILEX by itself without a cover.

To start off, the case itself features their dual-layered protection with inner soft silicone (shock/impact absorbing polymer layer) and exterior skeleton polycarbonate casing for extra corner/side protection and to hold inner layer from pulling off. Though design looks the same across their smartphone and tablets, I find that with every new release Seidio fine-tunes the fitment. The only thing remaining the same, the dust magnet of the inner layer ;) I definitely found the fitment of the inner silicone layer to be snugger in comparison to previous designs. As a matter of fact, it could almost be used by itself without exoskeleton But I wouldn't recommend that because strength and flexibility of that external PC layer provides excellent corner protection. Surprisingly with both layer on, the case still looks slim. With a case assembled, you will appreciate precise alignment of all the ports, camera, extra grips with finger grooves along the side of inner layer, and volume/power buttons being completely covered to prevent any specks of dust while still providing tactile response when pushing buttons. You also get an acceptable lip protection around the screen when tablet is placed face down. But just like with 2012 version of Nexus 7, I think the multi-purpose cover is the star of this package.

First of all, this cover is designed to give you an ultimate screen protection, even if you drop it on a concrete from a shoulder height (just saying, so don't try it at home!!!). It also reinforces the corners and side protection, and securely latches to the DILEX case by means of little corner dimples. Its secure enough that cover will not come loose even if you drop it. The cover goes on the top, and when not in use can be placed on the back in exactly the same latching manner. For those who are familiar with Seidio cases, they always have a signature kickstand. Here, the adjustable stand is built into this cover and could be set to 10 different angles. When not in use, the stand folds flat and has a layer of felt finish so it doesn't scratch the tablet's screen. Once you prop it up, you can place Nexus 7 or any other smartphone or a small tablet in either landscape or portrait orientation. The bottom of this multi-purpose cover has non-slip pads to add a decent friction so it will not move anywhere even on a slippery glass table top surface.

Overall, this case has a fantastic design and an excellent built quality, all of which will give you a peace of mind when using/carrying your Nexus 7 HD. Yes, it comes at a premium price, but it definitely worth every penny considering you are getting a rugged case, a rugged unique cover, and a unique built-in kickstand.

Here are the pictures.

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-01_zps30b7add3.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-02_zps3384de2b.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-03_zpsd6272acc.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-04_zps4d871a3b.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-05_zps85ca9bba.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-06_zpsfcb1349b.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-07_zpsb740f4c4.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-08_zps19418281.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-09_zps9c9907e1.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-10_zps2b9e1e84.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-11_zps2ba5e57c.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-12_zpse78fd3d1.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-13_zps8368080b.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-14_zps1ec746d2.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-15_zps6c986fa6.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-16_zpse94892f3.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-17_zpsfcb4ecaa.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-18_zps506363c8.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-19_zpsed23e1c8.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-20_zpsde7ffd9b.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-21_zps5fca90ac.jpg

seidio_dilex_n7_hd-22_zps726ce75f.jpg

Reactions: brosko

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones