• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rezound now $199 Verizon Wireless Online

I bought mine in November on the day it came out at a Verizon store. I wonder if I can get the $100 dollars back too?

I bought mine in late November at a VZW corp store. I just called and talked to a CSR on the phone and she wouldn't credit my account. I'm going to try the store later today.

If you guys manage to get a $100 credit from back in November, that's definitely going to open the flood gates. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I returned my Gnex on Friday the 6th for the Rezound at a corporate store and I had no problem getting the $100 credit when I called *611. Also the credited me for the $35 restocking fee as my Gnex had no data unless I did a battery and SIM card pull. This was the third time it happened to me and the csr said only way to not get hit with the restocking fee was to get another Gnex. I responded that it is a flawed device so why should I get another one and they waived the restocking fee.

I'm still thinking of a way to get my restocking fee credited back? I returned my Nexus b/c I was getting dropped calls, phone reboots, etc. I got a Rezound instead, I shouldn't have had to pay a fee, it's not like I returned it b/c I didn't like the color.

Upvote 0
I bought mine November 25th, day after TG. Online purchase. Called last night about the price drop. Denied! After the 14 day window. Didn't press the issue. That's the bad news. Good news is I paid $249, so it's only $50.

Thought about returning it, waiting and then buying again. But that $35 restocking fee took the wind out of that idea.

Upvote 0
I believe that any phones purchased after 11/15 have, on the receipt, up until Jan. 15th to be returned for the $35 restocking fee. Seems to me that with the price drop to $199 (from $299), they should be willing to at least refund the difference (minus the restocking fee) - i.e., they should be willing to give back $65. Otherwise, what's to stop me from going to the store, returning it, getting back my $299 (minus $35), then buying the phone back for $199? I still net $65, either way.

Upvote 0
I believe that any phones purchased after 11/15 have, on the receipt, up until Jan. 15th to be returned for the $35 restocking fee. Seems to me that with the price drop to $199 (from $299), they should be willing to at least refund the difference (minus the restocking fee) - i.e., they should be willing to give back $65. Otherwise, what's to stop me from going to the store, returning it, getting back my $299 (minus $35), then buying the phone back for $199? I still net $65, either way.

I guess you could do that. I am not sure how long it takes for your upgrade to revert. And if it takes a few days, what phone you gonna use? most people don't have a spare phone to use.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if this price cut is temporary or permanent? I went to a Verizon store today to inquire, and was told that it's through January 22nd. My plan is eligible for an early upgrade on January 27th, and the store I went to would not allow me to upgrade my phone before that date. They spewed some BS about how the system tells them which accounts they can upgrade before the eligibility date. I asked how that's determined, and they said that they don't know how marketing determines who can upgrade their phones before their upgrade eligibility date. I walked out without a further word, as I felt like they were trying to feed me a steaming pile of crap.

Anyone have confirmation as to if this is just a promotional deal, or if it's a permanent price cut.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if this price cut is temporary or permanent? I went to a Verizon store today to inquire, and was told that it's through January 22nd. My plan is eligible for an early upgrade on January 27th, and the store I went to would not allow me to upgrade my phone before that date. They spewed some BS about how the system tells them which accounts they can upgrade before the eligibility date. I asked how that's determined, and they said that they don't know how marketing determines who can upgrade their phones before their upgrade eligibility date. I walked out without a further word, as I felt like they were trying to feed me a steaming pile of crap.

Anyone have confirmation as to if this is just a promotional deal, or if it's a permanent price cut.

Thanks.

Call *611 and ask for sales. That's the only way you're going to get an early upgrade.

Upvote 0
I just called up *611 and asked. They credited my account the $50 difference (I paid the $249 upgrade price). I probably could have agreed for the extra $50, but since she also have me an extended battery for my galaxy nexus at the half off price after the promo ended... I figured i wouldn't push the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones