• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtone/notification

Edbanger

Sep 24, 2009
hi all.
i finally found out how to change a ringtone to mp3 , but how do i install my own mp3 for sms, notifications, alarm? the pre insalled ones are too short , and i dont hear them unless the phone is next to me .
i only had my hero for 5 days. still working stuff out.i did the rom update the day i got it. since then, i dont seem to get the LED lighting up to inform me i have a notification? am i missing something, as it works when charging etc.
also, im not sure if my calender notifications/alarm come through when set. sometimes they are a few min late, or not at all.
im not too confident about the alarm. im sure it didnt go off this am , but i do sleepwalk, so may of turned it off. i have tried several times today and it seems to be fine.
Has anyone else had these issues ,or can offer advice.

hi all.
i finally found out how to change a ringtone to mp3 , but how do i install my own mp3 for sms, notifications, alarm? the pre insalled ones are too short , and i dont hear them unless the phone is next to me .
i only had my hero for 5 days. still working stuff out.i did the rom update the day i got it. since then, i dont seem to get the LED lighting up to inform me i have a notification? am i missing something, as it works when charging etc.
also, im not sure if my calender notifications/alarm come through when set. sometimes they are a few min late, or not at all.
im not too confident about the alarm. im sure it didnt go off this am , but i do sleepwalk, so may of turned it off. i have tried several times today and it seems to be fine.
Has anyone else had these issues ,or can offer advice.

Make 3 directories on your sdcard and put your sounds in them ..

/sdcard/alarms
/sdcard/notifications
/sdcard/ringtones

Upvote 0
nice one, cheers. also i think i solved my alarm problem. a simple oversight. i use TASKPANEL app , to shutdown tasks i no longer use. i was doing this before going to bed. i didnt set up an IGNORE list. so i cancelled my clock/calender etc, thus the alarm didnt work.i figured it out today, so we will see what happens in the morning, pbut im pretty sure it was the prob. im a pleb.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones