• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtones and Sype

I got my HTC EVO yesterday and I have a bunch of ringtones from my Palm Pre I want to add to the EVO. I plugged in the phone and browsed the card but I cant find a place where to drop them where the EVO will recognize them as ringtones to browse from the phone to change email, text, ect notifications. And Im not sure how to attach ringtones to contacts either.

I also remember seeing here and commercials that you can type using Swype. I cant find how to do that. The reps at sprint yesterday tried to get me to swap for the Samsung Epic. Its a nice phone. I really wish I had them side by side. But swype isnt a deal breaker.

It is working fine for me, I have my Ringtones folder in the first layer of my sdcard (not in any other folder). Try making a ringtone with the phone from one of your songs in your memory, and see if the phone makes a different Ringtones folder or see where that ringtone goes, then put your other ringtones in that folder... make sense? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones