• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Roboball Challenge

Some screenshots and two facts about “ Roboball Challenge”. Just for fun (sorry for mistakes, English is not my native language)

1. I caught one funny bug during game development. Due to the turn timer bug, we started to play without turn changing. Moreover, there was no calculated delay implemented yet, so my opponent made hits one by one without any delays. It was running just like a clockwork toy. And the typical score was 10: 1 or 12: 2 with no chance for me. AI smashed me easy no matter how excellent I tried to play. I thought then that it could be a great feature. Now you can test it by yourself with the game difficulty setting to “Ultra”. Excepting one moment now opponent has got calculated delay before hit the ball. And it gives you a chance to win.

2. How I made a decision to create this game? One summer evening I was busy with my lodge (I started to build it this spring). I was hitting nails and thinking about soccer. I like soccer and I like to play soccer, but like many other people, I haven’t enough free time to play. After hitting my finger with a hammer I dropped wooden plank and at this moment I dream with all my heart about robot, which can help me with the building process. And then I hopefully will have a time to play soccer. And the robot will be my opponent. I’ve found this idea very funny. And I decided to make a simple mobile game, which I can play in a pause during lodge building. And if my game will be interesting for other people (and will give me some money to finish my lodge) so why not?

Attachments

• screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • screenshot_5.png
    screenshot_5.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones