• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][1-2-12]GingerSteem Rom 1.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

I tried not enterin @gmail.com

when I put my username in without '@gmail.com' it automaticly puts it in when I click on the input for the password..

I can open the browswer and login no problem. Just not through the OS..

Any Ideas why this is happening?

EDIT: OK..this is weird. I had an idea to that the google gmail 2-step notification was causing this, I turned it off and I was able to log in..so if anyone else was having a simular issues I was, and you have 2-step notification enabled, turn it off and then try to log in. It worked for me.

Upvote 0
having a problem, geting this rom stable....
on my esteem i {wipe data}i {install rom} it does it thing.... i get past the pretty boot-up animation. then when i get to setup, my screen locks up {freezes} eventuly ta reboot...

i restored from a back up tried again...same results...did it again from my original backup {stock kernel}...same result... then i re-downloaded Rom wiped data yada yada same result....

then fashed playfuls kernel over this rom an it works stable at 1.6 over clocked...hes stares down at phone wondering why

other then that this Rom seems very NiCE an light... though i miss lockscreen i like the ROM very much
thanks

Reactions: morgankslade
Upvote 0
How did you change the color to navy blue thats a sweet a$$ look

I read until my eyes bled, kept trying different things that failed, then I asked a friend to help me, although he plays for the other team I have to give thanks to him for helping me achieve that look.

Thanks Beamer...MUAHAHAHAHA:D

Ok the progress bar and the secondary text are both xml edits.
progress bar is located in system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable
secondary text is located in system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/color

I would have to look back on my notes for exact file names. I will edit the post later with that information.

Upvote 0
This is the ROM I've been waiting for!! I had upgraded to the ZVC since I had rebooting issues and was just going to wait for a new root.
But once I saw your ROM I QUICKLY read the downgrade instructions and followed that and now I'm roote and have your excellent ROM running!

Love the bootanimation, sounds, and screen off animation... (almost makes me feel like I have my Nexus S again) :):cool:

Upvote 0
Ok flashed as per instructions and unable to boot into new rom I can boot into cwm no problem and reflash to the zvb stock rom any ideas as to why gingersteem won't work for me?

Edit: boots perfectly to stock ZB rom, just resets continuously with GingerSteem. Also the built in 1.5 oc should not be the issue as my phone was fully stable at 1.6 set on boot with plague kernel on stock rom. Thank you in advance for any help.^^

Upvote 0
Ok flashed as per instructions and unable to boot into new rom I can boot into cwm no problem and reflash to the zvb stock rom any ideas as to why gingersteem won't work for me?

Edit: boots perfectly to stock ZB rom, just resets continuously with GingerSteem. Also the built in 1.5 oc should not be the issue as my phone was fully stable at 1.6 set on boot with plague kernel on stock rom. Thank you in advance for any help.^^

Flash my rom then immediately after flash PG's kernel. You should be good to go!!!

Upvote 0

How did you download it? i tried downloading first over 4g and it hung at lg screen (was anxious and at work).. came home, downloaded over wifi to laptop and copied over to external sd, retried and it worked perfect.. you may have just got a bad download..

Internal SD i'm assuming would work just the ssame..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones