• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rom 4.0 ice cream

It's like this. If and i mean IF you get an ics Rom for this phone,I can promise you it will have bugs. And i mean lots of bugs. It will not be a Rom that you would use as a daily driver. The best chance of an ics Rom is a port atm...and unless pg,bobz or reppard actually said they are gonna give you ics,don't hold your breath. It's not an easy task to compile source and get it working on a phone its not meant for. Im no dev,persay,but i know enough that ics not being released for this phone will have a bunch of problems. I'm using my HTC EVO on metro. The EVO has easily some of the best developers out there and our ics is still very much a wip..and if a phone as widely used and as popular as the EVO with the specs it has still doesn't have a stable ics Rom ,I highly doubt your OG optimus m is going to..I could be wrong. But i doubt it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Upvote 0
It's like this. If and i mean IF you get an ics Rom for this phone,I can promise you it will have bugs. And i mean lots of bugs. It will not be a Rom that you would use as a daily driver. The best chance of an ics Rom is a port atm...and unless pg,bobz or reppard actually said they are gonna give you ics,don't hold your breath. It's not an easy task to compile source and get it working on a phone its not meant for. Im no dev,persay,but i know enough that ics not being released for this phone will have a bunch of problems. I'm using my HTC EVO on metro. The EVO has easily some of the best developers out there and our ics is still very much a wip..and if a phone as widely used and as popular as the EVO with the specs it has still doesn't have a stable ics Rom ,I highly doubt your OG optimus m is going to..I could be wrong. But i doubt it.

Sent from m
y PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Thats exactly the problems im having on my razr, ics is smooth running but no blue tooth and i mean dont touch the button boot loops, gallery fc alot front camera fc alot, my gmail keeps getting email from the android team saying how they reconize my new gnex and they wanna teach me how to use it.

Just pointing out some problems with porting roms from different phones.

But all in all i cant wait for the 4.0 ota from moto.
cm9 is also highly anticapated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones