• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

I've been wondering. Will the stock gingerbread launcher with the 3D app drawer be present on the final build, or will it be ADW? Honestly, I think the stock gingerbread launcher looks and performs much better. Maybe a good home screen speed optimization along with the stock gingerbread launcher would be better than ADW? :)

Why don't you try using Go Launcher EX?
It runs like butter compared to ADW, in my opinion. Plus it has a variety of App Drawer effects, including the 3D effect in the original app drawer.

Download it from here: Go Launcher EX
Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Upvote 0
Why don't you try using Go Launcher EX?
It runs like butter compared to ADW, in my opinion. Plus it has a variety of App Drawer effects, including the 3D effect in the original app drawer.

Download it from here: Go Launcher EX
Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Does it have the froyo/gingerbread launcher look (rectangle with phone on left and internet on right) and the 3D effect just like stock froyo on the triumph? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Gobilla, you either didn't clear data (in which case it will NOT be there) or you're not looking ;-)

The APN is there but the database is in the user filestore (in /data, that is) and thus it will not get overwritten unless you do a factory reset.

I'm working on a fix for that but as it stands right now that's the deal.

Reactions: rvarn1 and godbilla
Upvote 0
i have a question, i know this is kinda early but does anybody think we will see the triumph running honeycomb?

there will be no honeycomb on the phones it will be icecream on the phones and tablets in october and november fw 4.0. this version molds to the device that it is installed. and rite now we dont know if it will be on them they have not released it yet.:cool:

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for all the hard work on getting this ported. I am pretty new to Android, but I am loving it so far, especially versus windows mobile 6.5.

How long does it usually take to get from pre-alpha to a beta to being listed on cyanogen site?

Just curious. I will probably flash once all the hardware issues are cleared up (front camera, gps).

Upvote 0
Asking about timelines - of any sort - is a non-productive enterprise. I can't even give you an educated guess in a situation like this, because (1) I have no vendor support whatsoever on the hardware involved nor the original code that Motorola and the manufacturer used in the first instance and (2) I have no control over or interaction with the Cyanogen team in the second instance. Finally, this is not my (or anyone else's, to my knowledge) "day job" and as such this kind of question borders on a demand for "free stuff", to which (if you read my daily writing on the markets and economy) I always respond with an erect middle finger.

Upvote 0
OK...so I went to flash the new 9/11 build this morning, and followed the instructions for wiping data so I could select the VM APN from APN Manager. All I have is a list of stuff for T-Mobile. So I figured, I'd wipe everything clean, data/factory reset, cache...etc. So as expected a totally clean build that I need to set up accounts etc in...so I know the data is gone. I installed APN Manager again and again n the list is only APN's for T-Mobile and nothing for VM. Am I grabbing a wrong version of the APN Manager?

Upvote 0
ADB into the phone and get rid of /data/data/com.android.providers/telephony/telephony*

Then reboot.

That will clear all the APNs. There should be a Virgin APN listed in the build. The next one will remove all the T-Mobile ones (they're worthless) but I still cannot get the correct one to auto-select on a cold boot.

Upvote 0
Finally got flashed. for anyone who is hanging on the M Logo double check your CWM. Mine was 4.0.1.4 but I guess there are mutliple versions. the one I had is the one with the menu softkey for selecting. I downloaded the one listed in the stickied stock nandroid thread which is also 4.0.1.4 but the power button is used to select. It was also about 1/2 a MB larger. That one flashed the ROM fine.

More thanks to Tickerguy. Pretty solid for an alpha build!

Upvote 0
to anyone who has flashed this,
is the keyboard problem fixed with this new rom, in comparison with the stock one that doesn't respond well when typing? if I am the only one with this problem,let me know so I can consider a replacement. I know its not me cuz I was able to type well on my OV but its nearly impossible on the MT.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones