• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.2.1 Android 2.2 FRF57

When I first rooted to 2.1 I used astro to backup and most apps. did and even my wallpaper was the same. Do you know where I would find that? In addition the settings were the same. In other words now when I press something it vibrates, but it never did that before. Is that normal or is there one other thing I probably should have "checked?"

Thanks for your help. I'm headed to bed and will tackle the rest tomorrow. I really appreciate everything

edit: grr, how do I stop the phone from vibrating when I press a key?

Upvote 0
When I first rooted to 2.1 I used astro to backup and most apps. did and even my wallpaper was the same. Do you know where I would find that? In addition the settings were the same. In other words now when I press something it vibrates, but it never did that before. Is that normal or is there one other thing I probably should have "checked?"

Thanks for your help. I'm headed to bed and will tackle the rest tomorrow. I really appreciate everything

I wouldn't know much about that. The vibration is called "haptic feedback". You can disable this by going to settings>sound>scroll down and uncheck it.

Reactions: otter
Upvote 0
If I was to move all my apps to my sd card before flashing a new ROM would that save me the process of restoring all the apps after I wiped them? Or is there a way to restore all apps w/ titanium backup w/out having to check, "Yes" and "OK" after each individual app?

I wouldn't move anything apps prior to flashing a new rom. "In Titanium Backup We Trust!" It sucks, but just hit install and ok after each app. Pain in the butt, but gets the job done without problems.

Upvote 0
I got tired of all the reboots...even got a new phone no joy....Loaded kangerade and seems very stable....

I followed his instructions last night (thank you again so much for helping my ignorant ass) and so far everything is OK...with a couple small issues.

First is w/ Advanced task killer. In the past if I had a web page open and used ATK to kill it then when I opened my browser again it would load my home page. However, now it loads the page I last killed. Is that a known bug?

Secondly is with SETcpu and this is more of an issue. I haven't installed any kernals yet so I'm maxing out at 800Mhz and plan to do so all day today. Anyway, w/ setCPU under profiles I setup some things, but today when I turned my phone on and opened up setCPU it was running at 350Mhz.

I assumed I screwed something up so I unselected everything and turned profiles off. Then I went back and checked the failsafe box which is temp >43.9 degrees C. If that's checked for some reason now my phone is running at 384Mhz max and 245MhZ min even though, for one that's not my setting and for two the phone is only 29 degrees celsius. If I turn profiles off and refresh it's back to 800Mhz max.

What's going on?

Upvote 0
I reinstalled BB for kicks and giggles. Love it. Only one random shutdown, and i'm 99.675% sure that it was from me grabbing it wrong and accidentally doing so. After renaming /systsem/bin/shutdown to shutdown.backup (or whatever it was...that was just off the top), no problems.

battery life seems normal to possibly a leetle worse. Using JD free (will upgrade if i need more or if i decide i like it). I'm testing it throughout the day.

The top of the this thread says that no wipe is needed. When I installed with RM, i didn't wipe. So is there a reason that ROM manager says that you have to?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones