• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Cyan-Kmod CM7-Ascend

+1

what he said,

but i also have a build for the ascend and its very easy to install, only thing you have to do is....get you a hammer and a 16 inch nail and say come here you POS and install the nail threw the back of it, than it will do all kind of crazy stuff, and when the phone reboots to a black screen, you have successfully install my build...

Good Luck!!!

Thanks, I'll try that! Lolz!!!!

Upvote 0
wait so this is a fake rom or what? is it good to use?
and what other cm7 roms you recommend?

Kmod isn't a fake ROM. It was tweaked by a rather unpopular guy (and for good reason), but it works. Personally, it doesn't look or feel good to me. But a lot of folks like it. Download link is here.

I like the cleaner look of BobZ's and PlayfulGod's version of CM7. Much better feel. And you can always go CM6. Look at them all here.

Upvote 0
Bobz and mine are both build from isaac's old repo n src and we both now talk n look for ways we can improve and hopefully fix things. I'm about to try Bobs latest out myself ;)

That's great! I know you guys work hard, so yeah I don't want no part of that cooked rom. You're rom, what does the boot animation look like? Plus everytime I download the latest Verizon. I make a backup, but everything gets deleted, how can I fix that? Thanks!

Upvote 0
That's great! I know you guys work hard, so yeah I don't want no part of that cooked rom. You're rom, what does the boot animation look like? Plus everytime I download the latest Verizon. I make a backup, but everything gets deleted, how can I fix that? Thanks!
current bootanimation is Android propaganda w/ film reel sound (subject to change).

What do you mean by you download latest verizon?

Upvote 0
Bobz and mine are both build from isaac's old repo n src and we both now talk n look for ways we can improve and hopefully fix things. I'm about to try Bobs latest out myself ;)
Hmm i can't seem to find a difference between Bobz and yours PG, can you tell me them please. i've flashed all of them, they are in my backups
No body wants a cooked rom, download bobz version.

and true but what will a cooked ROM do to my Ascend?

Upvote 0
Hmm i can't seem to find a difference between Bobz and yours PG, can you tell me them please. i've flashed all of them, they are in my backups

and true but what will a cooked ROM do to my Ascend?
my current build has a new bootsplash n a diff bootanimation, bootsound, added Rover Cyan Theme, and DT's a2sd, and is CM7.1RC0. Bobs new build is CM7.1RC1 and has DT's a2sd.

Upvote 0
i got the metropcs ascend version and i installed cm7, rom manager all seems to be working fine.

but when i plug into usb on all my computers (xp, vista, win7) it doesnt recognize it anymore and doesnt install drivers for it.

now i downloaded the drivers from here and installed and it still dont recognize since its been modded. havin a prob with the android mobile adapter driver doesnt install or windows cant find it even after i installed the drivers.

how do i get my phone back so windows see's it?

think i screwed up something and im trying to reflash it back to stock and do it all over again.

think i was in too much of a hurry to see what all the talk is about cm7 and now its messed up :(

also, i have a crappy data and wifi signal now keeps dropping off. and routers right in my room too.

Upvote 0
I don't understand who's Rom this is. Its posted here by Nuttmeg but in his post it says:

All Credit Goes To Isaac

Contributors

Kentaegrisby68

CyanogenMod-7-Ascend AKA: Cyan-Kmod
Version: 06242011
Author: Kentaegrisby68

Then on prepaid android Wiki it says:

CyanogenMod-7-Ascend AKA: Cyan-Kmod
Version: 06242011
Author: Dillion Hardin (Douchebag of the year!)

Cyan-Kmod - Prepaid Android

But I also read in this thread that somebody tweaked Isaac's work but then claimed the whole thing as his own. Some clarification of who the author is and which part of it is theirs would be great.

I now read that at the bottom of the WiKi it says:

Like my roms? I don't except donations, But hit me up on prepaidandroids.net and share your netflix with me!

I think thats really odd because he would need your email address and password and might be able to see your credit card and stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones