• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.0.0 Stable 4/10/11

For GPS issue

On a Sense rom

1. Download MSL from the android market
2. Get your MSL # (write it down somewhere)
3. Launch phone dialer and dial ##4772579#
4. Enter MSL #
5. Your phone will reboot
6. After reboot, get a solid GPS lock with Google Maps. If not, download GPS Status from the android market and get a solid GPS lock
7. Flash CM7, MIUI or any GB rom or nandroid restore back to your GB rom
8. GPS fixed:D

Upvote 0
I use Google voice and have no issues.

It uses the full camera...what settings are you looking for? About the only thing I miss from sense is being able to drag my finger across the screen to adjust zoom.
I know some ROMs like MIUI degrade the camera from 8MPs to like 2MPs or so. I was just wondering if this build was full 8MPs and maybe still 720p recording.

Upvote 0

that changelog does not distinguish between 7.0.0 RC4 and 7.0.0 Stable.

I'm running RC4 as well, and since I've ran into no issues, I'll probably stay here. Assuming the devs are sticking to standard development processes, there should be no new features between the release candidate and the stable build; only bug fixes.

Upvote 0
that changelog does not distinguish between 7.0.0 RC4 and 7.0.0 Stable.

I'm running RC4 as well, and since I've ran into no issues, I'll probably stay here. Assuming the devs are sticking to standard development processes, there should be no new features between the release candidate and the stable build; only bug fixes.

If you look into the commits, you may determine exactly what has been merged into CM7 stable from RC4

Upvote 0
For GPS issue

On a Sense rom

1. Download MSL from the android market
2. Get your MSL # (write it down somewhere)
3. Launch phone dialer and dial ##4772579#
4. Enter MSL #
5. Your phone will reboot
6. After reboot, get a solid GPS lock with Google Maps. If not, download GPS Status from the android market and get a solid GPS lock
7. Flash CM7, MIUI or any GB rom or nandroid restore back to your GB rom
8. GPS fixed:D

im thinking of rooting/roming my buddies evo tonight. can we do this gps fix with the unrooted stock evo and then flash over to cm7? Or does the phone have to be rooted with a sense rom and then have the fix applied before flashing over to cm7?

Upvote 0
im thinking of rooting/roming my buddies evo tonight. can we do this gps fix with the unrooted stock evo and then flash over to cm7? Or does the phone have to be rooted with a sense rom and then have the fix applied before flashing over to cm7?

Why dont you just do it after you root? You'll still be on a sense rom right after root...You cant get to cm7 without rooting the phone...maybe im not getting the question...? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Mik and vaelpak will always tell you its 3g even if its 1x, sense is that way it wont let you know, it lies lol! AOSP tells the truth lol. I would guess you arent actually getting 3g at all but you say your speeds are OK...what are you speedtest.net speeds?

Sprint avg is around 570k, i would get that at least or throw a bitch fit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones