• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for the LG Spectrum 4G LGVS920

I think you guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying. so nevermind
No, I totally get it... It's a sensitivity difference; I notice something similar whe, I use Go Launcher compared to Holo or Adw. I also experienced it on my d2 when I compare it to the spec. I don't know if there's anything that can be done to change that on cm9... Pg or d2a might know.

Upvote 0
ok I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread so I'm going to say this and be done with it. Just to clear things up a little bit.

This is not launcher related. The scroll speed I'm referring to is while in ICS settings and the play store, and any other app. It has absolutely zero to do with the launcher. I'm a launcher junkie and have run everything I can possibly find in the play store while on GB my scroll speed is always the same in settings, the play store, and any third party app which is independent of the launcher itself. I also ran the stock launcher, nova, and apex while testing cm9 and there was never any change in scroll speed between the three.

I would like to see someone make a youtube video of them scrolling through the market and settings on cm9 to see if it's doing what mine does. I can't imagine it would be any different on my phone than any ones else as it's source dependent. So if anyone plans on doing a review of cm9 please make sure you include some good scrolling footage =]

Upvote 0
I would like to see someone make a youtube video of them scrolling through the market and settings on cm9 to see if it's doing what mine does. I can't imagine it would be any different on my phone than any ones else as it's source dependent. So if anyone plans on doing a review of cm9 please make sure you include some good scrolling footage =]

I'm going to work on a video today. If there's anything else y'all would like to see let me know via PM in the next couple of hours. I'll post the link when it's done, of course (=

BTW my wife is mad at the Devs cuz I can't stop playing with my phone :D

EDIT: Will post video tomorrow, had to do some QT!

Upvote 0
can we use the all-in-one package to install this?

If you need the all-in-one package to install this then you probably shouldn't be installing it yet. This rom is still in alpha status and has some major bugs to be worked out still. I almost had to flash back to stock because my baseband/general phone info got messed up and I couldn't connect to the verizon network. Luckily, I got it fixed but you need to know your stuff if you're going to be using this rom.

Upvote 0
Not complaining here but just throwing it out there cause It might help or be something I dont know about..

I use modded gingercream and have since it came out, Its always been awesome and Ive had very minimal issues BUT after making a nandroid than trying this out after I restored back to GC I am getting alot of restarts..

Like I said Im not complaining nor am I looking for a fix im just throwin it out there incase it helps..

Upvote 0
No AIO for this, one must know how to use CWM!!! ;)

This ROM has no DATA or MMS yet, just calls, text, wifi, and some bluetooth functionality.

Thanks. I use CWM on my Nook Color, but it's installed on an SD card. The NC boots from the SD card. Have not learned how to install it standalone on the phone, outside of using it through an app.

I'm not planning on installing it yet till it gets a bit more stable :)

Good job on what you've got so far. Thank you for the work.

Upvote 0
Hey pg, d2a, and tdm, I just started learning to develop roms and wanted to use your source as a base. Figured I should ask for your permission first. And do you have any tips for a newbie?

You don't need to ask permission to build from source, that's what it's there for. :)

There are lots of pitfalls in the road to building an android rom successfully. My advice would be to read up on the subject first. There is lots of documentation around the web for building.

First thing you're going to need is a build box and a choice of os/distro to run. Then you'll need to install all the build tools. Once you get those steps right, building from source is really pretty easy.

Reactions: ortrigger
Upvote 0
You don't need to ask permission to build from source, that's what it's there for. :)

There are lots of pitfalls in the road to building an android rom successfully. My advice would be to read up on the subject first. There is lots of documentation around the web for building.

First thing you're going to need is a build box and a choice of os/distro to run. Then you'll need to install all the build tools. Once you get those steps right, building from source is really pretty easy.

Thanks. I'm already running ubuntu and I have all the build tools I know about. (I'm sure I need more though) I've found a few places that talk about building from source. I found a pretty in depth one on xda about building kernels from source so I think I'll start there. I need to find a good one about building roms from source too. I appreciate the help.

Upvote 0
That pie looks delicious.

Ha! IT IS! But it's not your average pie...it's a meat pie. mmmmmm

BTW Only ANRs I've gotten were while playing with Tasker, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the ROMs fault. Also android.process.server (or something, i can't remember exactly what it was called...) has FC'd a couple times...

This has been my daily driver since this thread started. No other problems to report.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones