• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][DEV][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Spirit 4G

there is nothing of 2nd-init in the Official CMW or in my unofficial builds b4 I made it official. And yes 2nd-init is not needed anymore for the spirit. All stock based roms can do away with it all together now.

With CM10.x I have to get it booting w/o 2nd-init, unfortunately tho this build still uses it.

Only change to this one (that I recall changing since the last build anyhow :)) is I updated the apns-conf.xml. So maybe LTE will work now, you all might need to try the diff network settings to see. ;)

No 4g on my end :(

Upvote 0
I made a nandroid (mind you I've been running cm10 as is for days now), charged up, set data back to lte/cdma/evdo before I flashed the new build and got 3g data right off the bat w/o having to change the data settings, so that's a good start. I'll keep posting as I find new shit. So far nice job PG!

Edit:
Scratch that just went into settings and noticed its set to CDMA/evdo/auto, tried to set it to normal and got no data

Upvote 0
I've returned with a small report 1x and 3G are a lot faster 3G is almost like 4G LTE and calling is a hit n miss so how do I post say screen shots what's the website recommended

Edit:On the latest build pg you are going in the right direction and battery life is a bit worse than stock but I understand its a WIP ROM

I used these settings to get 3G
Screenshot_2013-10-24-10-35-25_zps02a37eb8.png

3G speeds are decent faster than stock yes this was taken earlier today because I switched back after cm drained my battery
Screenshot_2013-10-24-11-23-21_zps5be2debf.png

Upvote 0
I use photobucket, is quick there's an app for it also. Take a pic, upload, click on pic, hit settings (menu button), go to view links, select http.... link, copy/paste link in said thread. That easy[/QUOTE]

I use that app to quickly upload screenshots but thats about it. I think some ppl live on their phones too much. I much prefer to use my pc or laptop to do most things when at or or near one I can use. If away from home, then I use the s**t out of my phone. ;)

Upvote 0
I use that app to quickly upload screenshots but thats about it. I think some ppl live on their phones too much. I much prefer to use my pc or laptop to do most things when at or or near one I can use. If away from home, then I use the s**t out of my phone. ;)

I don't own a router or have a Wi-Fi company Subscription and my laptop needs a new mouse so I use my phone more and my n7(1st gen) second

Upvote 0

My pc's main hd took a mad crash (it may just be the ram card) and I'm too lazy to go fiddling with it, so I do everything on my phone, or my girls laptop until I ever get around to getting my pc back up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones